Stone arch bridges
The unparalleled architecture of Epirus craftsmen and technical treatment of the stone is imprinted on the stone arch bridges of Pelion. An impressive way in which each bridge is part of the natural environment.
There are the following bridges:
Located within the Argalastis the entrance of the village.
Is in the path Argalasti – LEFOKASTRO.
Located within the village Lefokastro.
The bridge is in the path Argalasti – Xinovryssi.
The bridge is in the path Argalasti – Kalamos.
Remarkable points of interest are characterized by numerous fountains that are found in all villages of the municipality and of historical interest because of its features inscriptions.
There are fountains Cohen, St. John the Theologian, and Lefokastro Kouvlou
The area of the municipality Argalastis experienced strong growth during the ancient and Byzantine times. It is estimated that the site of the village of Horto was the ancient city “Spalathra.” The evidence found in the area (now exhibited in the Archaeological Museums of Volos and Athens) indicate the existence of structured settlements.
Considered particularly important findings from the Byzantine period, such as the ruins of the Byzantine church of Agios Nikolaos near the village of Horto. Special mention deserves the Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos, in Pau, built in the 15th century.
Church of the Holy Apostles
The hallmark of Argalastis is the bell of the Church of the Holy Apostles. Built in the early 20th century (1902-1914). An exact replica of the bell tower of Agia Fotini at Smyrna, which collapsed in 1950.